News

Fire at Turkish restaurant forces diners to escape to street

A well-liked Turkish restaurant in Sydney was evacuated throughout dinner service on Tuesday night time after a fireplace overwhelmed the constructing.

The fireplace broke out at Sultan’s Desk in Enmore simply after 7.30pm, with flames seen coming from the constructing’s roof.

Ten individuals consuming dinner on the restaurant have been compelled to flee to the road to flee the fireplace, which began within the chimney

This isn’t the primary time a fireplace has damaged out at Sultan‘s Desk restaurant.

Twitter customers have reported a fireplace on the Enmore Highway establishment on two different events within the final decade.

Crowds descended on the busy buying strip and watched on because the flames engulfed the constructing.

Native girl Renee Sundgren advised 9 Information that she was consuming ice cream throughout the highway when she heard a loud noise.

“It was a big bang and the whole sky lit up,” she stated.

“The whole roof was heavily on fire.”

A diner advised Ms Sundgren that they have been advised to “grab your drinks and leave”.

Flames rise out of the second floor of the Turkish restaurant on Enmore Rd
Digital camera IconA fiery blaze broke out in a single day at Sultans Desk on Enmore Highway. 9 Information Credit score: Channel 9

“I went over to the restaurant next door to tell them Sultan‘s was on fire, so they could turn their kitchen off.”

Enmore Rd was closed whereas emergency providers labored to extinguish the flames.

There have been no accidents through the incident and everybody was accounted for.

Investigations are underway into what triggered the fireplace.

Supply hyperlink

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.